What’s the one food you can’t live without? For me, it’s pizza. Guys I could eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day of the week. I always crave pizza. I know I’m not the only pizza lover out there, so I thought it would be fun to share a festive Valentine’s Day pizza with you all, just in time for the big day. It is super simple, inexpensive, and would be a fun meal to make for your Valentine, for a Galentine’s party or even a fun little meal to make with kiddos.
This pizza is all of the things. It’s heart shaped, filled with delicious toppings, and has a braided crust. Ahhh, yesssss.
HEART SHAPED PIZZA
I created a step by step tutorial to create this heart shaped pizza over on my YouTube channel. To watch the video click HERE.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR PIZZA
Here’s what you need:
Non-stick spray or butter
One can of pizza crust
Toppings (I used fresh basil, fresh mozzarella, and pepperonis)
- Spray your pizza pan with nonstick spray or brush with garlic butter
- Unroll your dough on a pizza pan
- Cut a 3 inch strip off the top of the dough and set aside
- Now with your remaining dough, using a knife cut a heart shape. Remove access dough
- Set pizza pan aside, and on a cutting board, cut the 3 inch strip of dough vertically into 3 equal long strips.
- Braid the strips together to create the crust of the dough.
- Once braided, lay the braided strip along the outer edge of the heart shaped dough to create the crust of the pizza. Gently press the braid into the bottom heart shaped crust.
- Top your pizza with sauce and toppings of choice
- Follow directions on back of crust and bake pizza until golden brown
For more detailed steps on how to create crust and heart shaped pepperonis, click here.
YUMMY VALENTINE’S DAY DELICIOUSNESS
Isn’t it fun how simple little treats, such as this heart shaped pizza, can add such a fun touch to holidays for you and your family, and it’s super tasty and inexpensive, too, so definitely a win-win.
Whether you are cooking up a Galentine’s party or preparing a fun dinner for your significant other, you can’t go wrong with this heart shaped pizza. Wishing you a great start to the week!